(Designed in conjunction with CSC, ResMed and CCH)
“These days one rarely gets time to take time out to focus on how to strengthen your management and innovation skills. This course has provided me the opportunity to assess and reflect on where and how to improve the skills I use to lead” – CSC
Successful leaders possess many skills, some of which may be inherent, but most have acquired their wisdom through a combination of personal experience, practical learning and the help and advice of others. In this program participants learn the differences between leadership and management and how to develop specific leadership skills that are important to all innovators and technical professionals. It addresses skills needed to lead cross-functional projects, drive thought leadership, and influence others in an innovation role or similar technical role. Participants engage in exercises that assess their individual leadership strengths and provide guidance for further skill development.
Skills that will be acquired in this program enable people to make good judgements and decisions and offer them the leverage to influence people and outcomes. The program affords them the insight to read people and situations, to create new ideas, and identify and match these ideas with opportunities.
• Anyone from a professional background such as technology, marketing, human resources, or development who wants to achieve the next level of effectiveness in leading individuals, teams and large groups to their highest level of sustained innovation.
• Those in management who wish to acquire some fresh ideas on how to manage more effectively.
• Those seeking insight into how they can acquire an ‘edge’ and progress their career.
• Those who do not have direct reports, who have to deliver through leading cross-functional teams.
Build your leadership potential by participating in five key modules:
1. What is Leadership?
Discover techniques that successful business leaders, world-class athletes, outstanding musicians and artists rely upon to achieve great results, and how to create and deliver effective outcomes.
2. Lead a team to foster innovation.
Whether you're dealing with bosses, colleagues or staff, the understanding of innovation and the ability to model innovation skills while organising teams, roles and relationships is absolutely essential to career success.
3. Compelling Conversations.
By sharing your core messages you will be marketing yourself to others in a way that will make them want to know more about you and your projects.
4. Coaching and Monitoring.
Understanding coaching styles, motivation and feedback will bring people on your journey through collaboration and engagement to deliver real outcomes and innovation.
5. Understanding your Strengths.
Strengths determine the profile of successful individuals and leaders so that the purposeful design of your future can be enhanced. You must first understand yourself, then your impact on others and the people around you.
A group project using case studies will give participants the opportunity for detailed discussions in small teams which will be presented to the group.
Key outcomes that this program will address are:
• the challenges of leadership in the 21st century
• The relationship between leadership and innovation management
• The leader as a coach and how to give and receive feedback
• Understand and utilise your Signature Strengths
• Managing your team through change
• Develop a strategic mindset to deliver growth and innovation
This workshop is for those in senior roles who want to:
• Understand the environment and its challenges in more scope and depth.
• Build new perspectives from which to both reflect and act with courage and ingenuity.
• Have a greater insight into the types of knowledge and skills possessed by business leaders.
• Have heightened awareness of how to read people and situations and to leverage those to the advantage of their organisations.
• Will be better equipped to think creatively and match their ideas to appropriate opportunities.
• Have a greater understanding of how to constantly improve on, and add to, their own business acumen.
For further details and presenter information please review the program brochure.